Proprietary trading firm in lower Manhattan is seeking a Linux Systems Admin.
Outstanding benefits include fully paid medical/dental/vision, free food, free on-site gym. Jeans/t-shirt dress code.
This position works with the firm's in-house trading systems and critical infrastructure. Their mix of custom-designed and open source systems allow you to dive to the real source of a problem without having to play guessing games with a vendor. Members of this group are hard-working systems engineers, administrators and programmers, tasked with maintaining, improving, and sometimes transforming the core technology infrastructure.
You will monitor and support the technical and operational stability of the firm's proprietary trading systems. Work directly with trading, technology, and operations to understand and react to issues as they arise during the trading day. The ability to identify and direct accurate and timely information to the firm's trading desks is of the utmost importance during the resolution of an issue.
- Ability to efficiently analyze and deconstruct technical problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Technical strength in networking, programming or system administration.
- Solid foundation in computer science and networking principles.
- Ability to write clear code in at least one general-purpose programming language like Ruby, Python, C, OCaml, or Haskell.
- Ability to understand code in other languages. Experience with OCaml or another functional language is not required.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with multiple Linux distributions.
- Demonstrated programming experience in the form of open source contributions or shared code samples.
- No previous experience in finance required.
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) ↓