Global travel management firm in Manhattan is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer, with experience designing and deploying VMware solutions spanning Cisco UCS Blades and rack mounted servers.
You should have strong knowledge of VMware technologies such as storage and networking. This role requires strong aptitude with Distributed vSwitches, vMotion/svMotion, SRM, HA, load balancing, and evaluates, researches and strategically improves current DR solutions with recommendations such as Veeam.
You will assist the technology team in developing technical roadmaps for future implementations, focusing on server storage, virtualization, and network infrastructure. Assist in determining performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency. Assess and make recommendations to improve HA/DR configuration of VMware Clusters. You will work closely with existing technology teams to ensure implementation meets design. Provide Documentation for newly designed systems, and design system capacity plan. Determine gaps in existing infrastructure and ways to mitigate these gaps.
- Application and Operating System life-cycle management including upgrades, patching and off-hours maintenance and change control execution.
- Configure, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a Windows Server environment.
- Work with external vendors/consultants to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and analyze issues with Servers, Network devices, Applications.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
- 3+ years’ experience in network architecture and deployment.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Extensive experience with the following storage technologies and protocols: HBAs, SAN, Fibre Channel, NAS, and CIFS/NFS/iSCSI. Preferably EMC, but would consider others.
- Experience in private cloud computing and Data Center virtualization using VMware ESXi. VCP6-DCV a plus.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Microsoft server operating systems and services, to include Active Directory, File and Print services, IIS, SQL, experience with Microsoft desktop applications and operating systems.
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Experience a big plus.
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 Experience a plus.
- PowerShell or similar scripting experience a plus.
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) ↓