Proprietary trading firm in lower Manhattan is seeking a Windows Admin.
Benefits include fully paid medical/dental/vision insurance, free food and snacks, free on-site gym.
Microsoft Windows is the primary desktop operating system for the firm and many key core infrastructure services are provided by Windows servers. Members of the Windows team work with others in the broader Systems group to monitor, manage and maintain the mixed environment of Linux and Windows, across a physical and virtual computing landscape on three continents.
As a Windows Systems Administrator you will be responsible for the whole Windows infrastructure from Active Directory and DNS to more complex issues in the Windows Desktop environment, all of which is critical for the continuity of the business. Time will be spent improving, automating and standardizing the environment – finding issues and proposing improvements, communicating amongst the rest of the local team in your region and abroad, planning and executing deployments.
The firm uses a variety of platforms and programming languages for developing and maintaining their trading environment. You will get exposure to multiple segments of the business and will work with trading desks and international offices on a daily basis.
- 5+ years’ experience and knowledge of inner workings of Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Server 2012 R2/2016.
- Advanced working knowledge of Active Directory/DHCP/DNS/Group Policy.
- Experience with hardware monitoring and performance tuning.
- Create and maintain PowerShell scripts.
- Troubleshoot, analyse and solve technical issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries.
- Troubleshoot workstation operating systems, applications, peripherals, network and audio-visual issues.
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) ↓