Our client in NYC is a leading global provider of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) solutions for the financial services industry.
The company also has offices in the UK and India – offering an international work environment, positive/open corporate culture and various employee benefits.
They are looking for a candidate with deep buy side industry experience who can excel in a diverse global team environment.
This is a newly created role of Business Owner of Buy Side Solutions to identify specific business opportunities present in buy side firms and develop solutions to address these problems utilizing the firm’s EDM suite. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Product Management.
- Develop new products and solutions targeting the buy side including:
- Working with existing clients and buy side industry participants/consultants to identify product opportunities.
- Perform market and financial analysis of potential solutions to identify candidates for development.
- Prepare business cases and construct roadmap for developing candidate opportunities.
- Participate in agile development process by providing requirements and a business perspective. NOTE: Development teams do not directly report to the Business Owner of Buy Side Solutions, however one or more scrum teams will be allocated to their projects.
- Work with marketing, sales and pre-sales to launch new products i.e. develop sales collateral, price book, web content and press releases.
- Work with the professional services team to guide on ideal implementation strategies of new products.
- Manage the P/L of the Buy Side business activities.
- Manage the Data Warehouse Business Owner and development team.
- Provide thought leadership on behalf of the firm to the industry by:
- Creating white papers and blog posts on topics relevant to the industry.
- Speaking at industry events and providing interviews to industry press.
- Organizing and facilitating discussions at customer events.
- Develop and maintain an eco-system around the firm’s buy side products, including:
- Software providers which the firm’s EDM suite will be interfacing with.
- System integrators who are looking for new products to implement.
- Industry analysts who provide product evaluations and recommendations.
- Consulting firms who run software selections.
- Assist in the ongoing sales process
- Assist in the answering of RFP’s
- Provide sales collateral
- Assist in the qualification process
- Participate in demo’s and POC when required
- Experience in Product Management or Software Development at a software provider that caters to the buy side is a must.
- 12+ year's experience in financial services/capital markets.
- 7 years’ minimum work experience in either of the following types of Buy Side organizations: Asset Owners (including Insurance), Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Endowments, Pension Plans in middle and/or back office operation.
- Knowledge of or direct experience in the following functions:
- Performance & attribution, benchmarks, fund/portfolio accounting, business Intelligence/analytics, client reporting, corporate actions, pricing, reg reporting, product/fund launches.
- General knowledge/awareness of Buy Side:
- Middle/back office operations globally including similarities and differences by region
- Third-party data providers and the role they play i.e. Bloomberg, Factset, MSCI, Rimes, ICE etc.
- Commercial software packages that exist in the market today.
- Ability to travel frequently both domestically and internationally.
- Some P/L responsibility.
- Work experience in Product Management or Software Development at a software provider that caters to the buy side.
- Familiarity with the agile software development methodology.
- Specific experience with EDM systems such as IHS Markit (Cadis), Eagle, Neoxam, Broadridge, and IVP.
- Trading, front office or quant experience on the buy side.
- Strong existing relationships with investment management consultants e.g. Cutter, Citisoft, Investec (Accenture) etc.
- Experience working in product management at a product company.
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) ↓