Global organization experiencing tremendous growth is seeking a PostgreSQL DBA.
This position is 100% remote.
You should have experience in cloud hosted environment managing backup recovery, replication, high availability, designing and managing schema, monitoring diagnosing and optimizing database performance.
You will develop and maintain technical standards, procedures, and documentation. You will also maintain highly available system supporting PostgreSQL database in multi-region and container environments. You will work with business owners, engineers and other groups to design strong reliable solutions.
- Work alongside the cloud infrastructure team to plan, administer, maintain and secure PostgreSQL databases in an AWS environment.
- Define standard practices and procedures for operational support, writing and updating documentation.
- Ensure systems are running at the highest possible performance level as well as analyzing and tuning queries.
- Analyze database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to database designs, naming standards, design standards, data conversions, and documentation.
- Desire to learn about the data and it’s use to make recommendations for improvements in how it is stored and processed.
- Build and maintain highly available systems to ensure maximum up time. This includes Postgres databases in containers.
- Work in unity with the Business Intelligence team to design, build and maintain Data Warehouse for BI and analytics.
- Manage system security and protect PII data.
- 5+ years of PostgreSQL DBA experience.
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of AWS database offerings (e.g. RDS, Aurora, and Dynamo).
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development.
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling tools.
- Experience with Data Warehousing and utilizing ETL tools such as AWS Glue.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL database in containers.
- Knowledge of Oracle is a plus.
Comprehensive benefits include medical and dental coverage, 401K with company match up to 4%, generous PTO and vacation policy, prescription plan, flexible spending account.
There is also a 10% bonus paid quarterly.
Posted in:Leave a Comment (0) ↓